Maple-stocked models getting extra attention.
Browning has added several versions of popular rifles and shotguns stocked with a very uniquely durable, special thermally modified maple wood. These are some of the 2012 SHOT Show Specials we have been talking about.
Browning always expects some interest when a maple-stocked gun is offered, but these are generating more interest than usual. Probably because this is not your grandpas maple stock. The thermally modified maple wood tremendously improves the stock’s’ stability, strength, and weight characteristics.
Here are some of the key differences of the blanks used for these stocks:
- Weighs less than the same untreated wood
- Has color uniformly throughout the piece
- Increases durability significantly
- Reduces water absorption by up to 80%
- Increases hardness by as much as 50%
- Significantly reduces tangential and radial swelling
- Remarkably improves machinability
You can read more about this new innovation in stock blanks by going to the manufacturer’s Website: www.hot-woods.com .
Posted: January 20th, 2012 under 2012 SHOT Show.